Partnerships between parents and staff are designed to promote each family’s well being through education, support services and increased access to community resources.
- FAMILY GOALS:
- Head Start supports families by assisting with goal setting and follow up.
- Research indicates that families who establish both short and long-term goals are more likely to achieve those things in life that are important to them.
- Once set, goals strengthen a family’s ability to function and live their dreams.
- Our Family Advocates can help families find community resources to meet the needs of each family.
- Community resources are shared in newsletters, Family Fun Nights and individually with each family.
- PARENT CAFE:
- Each month your Family Advocate will host a Parent Café.
- Stop in and meet other parents in your child’s classroom.
- We need parent input to help make our program the best that it can be.
- We want your ideas on what will make our program better, concerns you may have, and also the things you really like about our program!
- FAMILY FUN NIGHTS
- Family Fun Nights are held 2 times during the school year.
- There are many fun parent/child activities to do together with your child.
- Meet other parents in your child’s classroom.
- Every child receives a free book!
Family Service Center
READY! for Kindergarten and Sweet Dreamzzz are the Parenting Curriculums for our program.
- READY for Kindergarten
- Focuses on skills that your child needs before they start kindergarten.
- Parents will receive a bag of materials to use as you work with your child on language, literacy, math and social/emotional skills.
- The activities encourage movement, play, exploring and communicating.
- Sweet Dreamzzz
- Getting enough sleep is very important for young children.
- Do you know how much sleep your child needs?
- Do you need ideas of how to get your child to sleep at night?
- Attend this workshop to learn more about how important sleep is and tips for a peaceful bedtime!
Opportunities available for families:
- GED or High School Completion
- Workshops for parents including Literacy, Effective Discipline, Money Management, Reflections, Budgeting, and Very Important Male workshops
- Family Connection Backpacks (activities for you to do at home with your child)
- Monthly workshops presented in Spanish
- Connections to community workshops
Opportunities for parenting classes and information
- Fatherhood Specialist plans activities for VIM’s (Very Important Males)
- Parent Training Specialist plans workshops and trains on parenting skills and child development.
Early Intervention Specialists:
- The Early Intervention Department supports staff, children, and parents by providing services, early identification, and referrals to school districts and other community agencies. In partnership with other program staff, they help build knowledge and skills through trainings and workshops.
- Observe children in classrooms to identify who may need additional support
- Communicate with staff and parents so everyone can work together in the child’s best interest.
- Partner with school districts and community agencies to further evaluations and services.
- Educate on child development, family development and mental health topics.
- Promote wellness for all through program-wide goals of “Be safe, be kind, be healthy”.
- Children will not be excluded based on a disability or need for toileting assistance.